Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Igottabeme

Default Formula for determining if two date columns fall within specific date range

Let's say I have thousands of employees, but I need to determine who
worked for me during a particular date range, and all I have to go on
is their start date in one column and their end date in another
column.

If:

A1 contains beginning date of employment
B1 contains ending date of employment
C1 contains specified beginning date (criteria)
D1 contains specified ending date (criteria)

is there a formula to help make this determination?

--
Igottabeme
Igottabeme's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33699

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave O

=AND(AND(C1=A1,C1<=B1),AND(D1=A1,D1<=B1))
.... returns TRUE when both the criteria begin date and criteria end
date are between employment start and employment end dates.