Frustrated in ND

Default How can I put cells in front of a picture?

I have a bunch of state .pdf forms that I want to link into sheets so that I
don't have to retype the common info over and over. I still want to be able
to type into the other cells (the non-linked ones). I took a snapshot of the
page and turned it into a GIF, made the appropriate areas transparent and put
it on the Excel sheet as a picture. I was going to align the cells to
correspond to the state form, but the picture is in front of the cells - so I
can't get to them. I could put the pic back after I link the cells but then
I couldn't type into the non-linked cells. I also tried setting the pic as
the background, but then it won't print!
Any help would be appreciated!