Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RitoruIkko

Default How do I keep zeros in front of other numbers (like a zip code)?

I'm doing a customer tally sheet which includes zip codes. Excel keeps
erasing the the first zero - 01085 for example will show up as 1085. Is
there any way to keep that from happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Light

If you are entering them use the format text first, or type ' and then the
number.
I have a format under special that is specially for "zipcodes" but seeing as
I am in Norway they are really postnummer. Maybe you have the same???

"RitoruIkko" wrote:

I'm doing a customer tally sheet which includes zip codes. Excel keeps
erasing the the first zero - 01085 for example will show up as 1085. Is
there any way to keep that from happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Scott

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/81518/en-us