shazza

Default alt+enter does not work

For some reason the alt+enter function does not work for me when trying to
insert a line break within a cell. Is there any other way of doing it or,
better still, any way I can enable it?
I'd appreciate any help I can get on this one as it's driving me crazy
trying to figure it out!
Thanks in advance :-)
Biff

Hi!

Do you have Wrap Text selected?

FormatCellsAlignment

Another way to do it is to make the entry a formula:

="How does"&CHAR(10)&"this work?"

This also needs to have Wrap Text selected.

Biff

"shazza" wrote in message
For some reason the alt+enter function does not work for me when trying to
insert a line break within a cell. Is there any other way of doing it or,
better still, any way I can enable it?
I'd appreciate any help I can get on this one as it's driving me crazy
trying to figure it out!
Thanks in advance :-)

shazza

Hi!

Yes, I have Wrap text selected.
I tried your suggestion and it works which is great, however I have a LOT of
text to enter which doing that way will take a long time. If I can figure out
how to get the alt+enter working then that's the ideal. Good to have an
alternative though :-)

Thanks

"shazza" wrote in message
For some reason the alt+enter function does not work for me when trying to
insert a line break within a cell. Is there any other way of doing it or,
better still, any way I can enable it?
I'd appreciate any help I can get on this one as it's driving me crazy
trying to figure it out!
Thanks in advance :-)

Max

.. have a LOT of text to enter
.. how to get the alt+enter working

There are 2 Alt keys on the keyboard
Try keying Alt + Enter with both, see what happens
Or try borrow another keyboard and test it out
(Could be just a worn-out keyboard crying out
to be retired from service <g)
--
Rgds
Max

shazza

Thanks Max,

Funnily enough I've just plugged in another keyboard to my laptop and it
seems to be working so obviously problem lies there. Good to know at last
what the problem is!

Thanks to both you and Biff for your help.

"Max" wrote:

.. have a LOT of text to enter
.. how to get the alt+enter working

There are 2 Alt keys on the keyboard
Try keying Alt + Enter with both, see what happens
Or try borrow another keyboard and test it out
(Could be just a worn-out keyboard crying out
to be retired from service <g)
--
Rgds
Max