Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I put/insert a "Paid" stamp on an invoice created in Excel

I've created an Invoice in Excel & it's workign fine. Is there a way to
insert a "Paid" stamp kind of comment on the invoice.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use OfficeArt to make a big ugly "Paid" design, tilt it 30°, and place it
right in the middle of the invoice.

(I use it for reminders!)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Paul" wrote in message
I've created an Invoice in Excel & it's workign fine. Is there a way to
insert a "Paid" stamp kind of comment on the invoice.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I put/insert a "Paid" stamp on an invoice created in E

And draw a nice command button and attach a macro to it so you can (kinda)
replicate the thump of the rubber stamp with a gentle click ....

"Paul" wrote in message
I've created an Invoice in Excel & it's workign fine. Is there a way to
insert a "Paid" stamp kind of comment on the invoice.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hey Jon,

You've kinda called my bluff. With a little bit of help from this group I
could probably get one of these working smoothly.

I know there will be someone out there who can explain this clearly and
concisely - I started drafting a response and realised I will probably miss
out a vital step and put you off horribly.

This will take you into the realm of recording (and possibly editing) macros
so it would be good how keen you are to start learning how to automate things

"Paul" wrote in message
I've created an Invoice in Excel & it's workign fine. Is there a way to
insert a "Paid" stamp kind of comment on the invoice.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Here's a little macro to do it for you........you can assign it to a button,
or just use the Keyboard shortcut of Ctrl-P

Sub PaidStamp()
'========================================
'Places "Paid" artwork on sheet
'Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+p
'========================================
ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddTextEffect(msoTextEffect1, "Paid", "Arial Black",
96#, _
msoFalse, msoFalse, 252.75, 132.75).Select
Selection.ShapeRange.IncrementRotation -30#
Selection.ShapeRange.IncrementLeft -45#
Selection.ShapeRange.IncrementTop 64.5
Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.Visible = msoFalse
Range("A1").Select
End Sub

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Paul" wrote:

I've created an Invoice in Excel & it's workign fine. Is there a way to
insert a "Paid" stamp kind of comment on the invoice.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

CLR has alredy posted a very nice macro for you.

See his posting.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP