Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can you enter a function or format to add a row to a work sheet?

I want to update info from one worksheet to another automatically,(that I can
do), but is there a way to just add it to what is allready there, rather than
overwriting it?
--
Tracy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I work for a company with patients. We are using excell for our pt info. When
we get a new pt I put the info in 3 different places. I have my worksheets
setup with formulas to update automatically so I only have to put it in one
place. I want to add it to another place but I want it to add it to a new row
not overwrite what is allready there. hope this helps. Thanks for any ideas
--
Tracy

"Tracy" wrote:

I want to update info from one worksheet to another automatically,(that I can
do), but is there a way to just add it to what is allready there, rather than
overwriting it?
--
Tracy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Okay, imagine you have Sheet1, Sheet2 and Sheet3 and you want to
reserve row 1 in each of these sheets for headers so that your data
goes in to row 2 of Sheet1. If you want this to be copied automatically
into Sheet2 and Sheet3, you would have a formula like:

=IF(Sheet1!A2="","",Sheet1!A2)

you could put this formula in cell A2 on both Sheet2 and Sheet3, and it
will reproduce whatever is in A2 of Sheet1. The formula can be copied
across the row to pick data from B2, C2, D2 etc of Sheet1, and then all
of these formulae can be copied down to pick up the data from rows 3,
4, 5 etc and you can copy the formulae down for as many rows as you
need.

If you now add some data to row 20 in Sheet 1, for example, this data
will automatically appear in row 20 of Sheet2 and Sheet3, so you don't
need to insert any new rows, and it will not overwrite any existing
data.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Tracy" wrote:

I want to update info from one worksheet to another automatically,(that I can
do), but is there a way to just add it to what is allready there, rather than
overwriting it?
--
Tracy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can you enter a function or format to add a row to a work shee

Tracy...your work is quite sensitive...I suggest that you have another
workbook copy that when there is an updating that happen, the workbook will
be save un-linked by any search formulas ....Its just to assure you have a
real back-up of infos in case of malfunction application.