Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default freezing frames

For some reason I can't freeze frames properly. I know how to freeze frames
generally, but whenever I do, it still freezes the first 14 rows instead of
just the top row. I have unprotected the entire worksheet and unfroze the
entire worksheet.

I'm using XP Home with Excel 2000 9.0

Thanks,

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assume you mean freeze "Panes".
Select a cell in column A just below where you want the
freeze to occur. That would be cell A2 to freeze row 1.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Bob Griendling"
wrote in message
For some reason I can't freeze frames properly. I know how to freeze frames
generally, but whenever I do, it still freezes the first 14 rows instead of
just the top row. I have unprotected the entire worksheet and unfroze the
entire worksheet.
I'm using XP Home with Excel 2000 9.0
Thanks,
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To Freeze Panes(not frames), you have to select a cell one row below and one
column right of where you wish to Freeze.

If you select A1 your Freeze will come at mid-window. You don't want that.

To freeze row 1 select A2

To freeze row 1 and column A select B2

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP