Peter

Default Toolbox Problem.

Hello All,
I seem to have lost the tools in my toolbox.
The toolbox that sits on the worksheet will only show an empty box with an X
in it (like when pictures are not displayed),whenever anything is selected
and placed on the worksheet, but the toolbox in the VB editor works just fine.

I have uninstalled Excel, but still it's doing the same thing.

Any idea's what I may have done to make it do this.

Regards
Peter

Peter

Hi dave,
No luck i'm affraid.
It add's the place holder onto the sheet, but isn't loading the button
picture itself.

Regards
Peter

Peter wrote:

Hello All,
I seem to have lost the tools in my toolbox.
The toolbox that sits on the worksheet will only show an empty box with an X
in it (like when pictures are not displayed),whenever anything is selected
and placed on the worksheet, but the toolbox in the VB editor works just fine.

I have uninstalled Excel, but still it's doing the same thing.

Any idea's what I may have done to make it do this.

Regards
Peter

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Ahhh.

I read your first message as a problem with the toolbar itself.

Maybe

tools|options|view tab|objects|show all.

Peter wrote:

Hello All,
I seem to have lost the tools in my toolbox.
The toolbox that sits on the worksheet will only show an empty box with an X
in it (like when pictures are not displayed),whenever anything is selected
and placed on the worksheet, but the toolbox in the VB editor works just fine.

I have uninstalled Excel, but still it's doing the same thing.

Any idea's what I may have done to make it do this.

Regards
Peter

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Peter

Sorry Dave,
I think I am wording this all wrong...
If I have an open sheet, then bring up the VB toolbar onto the desktop,
select the Design Mode, and the Toolbox that goes with it. I select the
button I want, click the cell I want it to go to, it only shows four dots.
Expanding this out reveals the box to be completely empty except for a square
with a red X in it.
I have now removed Office completely, cleaned the registry etc etc, and it's
still the same.

Regards
Peter (now with slightly less hair)

Peter wrote:

Hello All,
I seem to have lost the tools in my toolbox.
The toolbox that sits on the worksheet will only show an empty box with an X
in it (like when pictures are not displayed),whenever anything is selected
and placed on the worksheet, but the toolbox in the VB editor works just fine.

I have uninstalled Excel, but still it's doing the same thing.

Any idea's what I may have done to make it do this.

Regards
Peter

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

I was hoping that that setting would show that placeholders were turned on. By
making it "show all", the problem would go away.

That didn't happen or you didn't try it???

One more guess if you tried it and it didn't work.

Close excel
and clean up the windows temp folder

windows start button|Run|%temp%
(Is a quick way to get there)

Those controls from the control toolbox toolbar put lots of stuff into that Temp
folder. Maybe excel is having trouble finding them correctly. (Just a guess.)

Peter wrote:

Hello All,
I seem to have lost the tools in my toolbox.
The toolbox that sits on the worksheet will only show an empty box with an X
in it (like when pictures are not displayed),whenever anything is selected
and placed on the worksheet, but the toolbox in the VB editor works just fine.

I have uninstalled Excel, but still it's doing the same thing.

Any idea's what I may have done to make it do this.

Regards
Peter

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Peter

Hi Dave,
I tried all suggestions, then re-copied(is that a real word?), the fm20.dll
files back into c:\Windows\System32 and still no luck.

I think it must be format time again.
Thanks for all your suggestions =)
Regards
Peter