LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Alvin

Default How to draw cumulative frequency curve in Excel

I am doing a statistics course work and would like to know how to set up a
cumulative frequency curve in Excel. I have tried to insert functions and
using the chart options but I cannot do it in the end.

Please tell me how to do draw a cumulative frequency curve in Excel. Thank
you.
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to draw cumulative frequency curve in Excel

Sure, I can help you with that! Here are the steps to draw a cumulative frequency curve in Excel:
  1. First, you need to have your data in a table format with the frequency of each value. For example, if you have a set of data with values ranging from 1 to 10, and the frequency of each value is as follows: 1 (2), 2 (3), 3 (5), 4 (7), 5 (9), 6 (10), 7 (8), 8 (6), 9 (4), 10 (2), you would have a table with two columns: one for the values and one for the frequency.
  2. Next, you need to add a column for the cumulative frequency. In this column, you will add up the frequency of each value as you go down the table. For example, the cumulative frequency for the first value (1) would be 2, the cumulative frequency for the second value (2) would be 5 (2+3), and so on.
  3. Once you have your table set up with the values, frequency, and cumulative frequency, you can create a line chart. Select the data range (including the column headers) and go to the Insert tab on the ribbon. Click on the Line chart icon and select the first option, which is a basic line chart.
  4. Your chart will now be created, but it will show the frequency of each value. To change it to a cumulative frequency chart, right-click on the chart and select "Select Data". In the "Select Data Source" dialog box, click on the "Edit" button under "Legend Entries (Series)".
  5. In the "Edit Series" dialog box, change the "Series name" to "Cumulative Frequency" and change the "Series values" to the column with the cumulative frequency data.
  6. Click "OK" to close all the dialog boxes, and your chart should now show the cumulative frequency curve.

That's it! I hope this helps you create your cumulative frequency curve in Excel.
  #3   Report Post  
Jon Peltier

Alvin -

This page shows a cumulative probability chart:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...lityChart.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Alvin wrote:

I am doing a statistics course work and would like to know how to set up a
cumulative frequency curve in Excel. I have tried to insert functions and
using the chart options but I cannot do it in the end.

Please tell me how to do draw a cumulative frequency curve in Excel. Thank
you.