Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PZ PZ is offline

Default Changing Cells from Relative to Absolute Reference

I know how to use F4 to cycle through reference choices for a single cell.

Does anyone know how I can do that for a *very* large *range* of cells? It'll impact something in the neighborhood of 500+
cells.

Thanks, in advance

Phil
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You can do it by find and replace if you have any question give me an
example then i explane based on your example.

Thanks,
--
Farhad Hodjat

"PZ" wrote:

I know how to use F4 to cycle through reference choices for a single cell.

Does anyone know how I can do that for a *very* large *range* of cells? It'll impact something in the neighborhood of 500+
cells.

Thanks, in advance

Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use a macro.

Gord Dibben shared this:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...60f32287258372

or

http://snipurl.com/1g005

PZ wrote:

I know how to use F4 to cycle through reference choices for a single cell.

Does anyone know how I can do that for a *very* large *range* of cells? It'll impact something in the neighborhood of 500+
cells.

Thanks, in advance

Phil

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yeah sure......pick the posting with the spelling mistake........."formulaws"

Gord

PZ wrote:

I know how to use F4 to cycle through reference choices for a single cell.

Does anyone know how I can do that for a *very* large *range* of cells? It'll impact something in the neighborhood of 500+
cells.

Thanks, in advance

Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"The" posting? <g

PZ wrote:

I know how to use F4 to cycle through reference choices for a single cell.

Does anyone know how I can do that for a *very* large *range* of cells? It'll impact something in the neighborhood of 500+
cells.

Thanks, in advance

Phil

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I just knew someone would question "which" posting considering my track record
lately.

I set myself up for that<g

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:38:22 -0400, Debra Dalgleish
wrote:

"The" posting? <g

PZ wrote:

I know how to use F4 to cycle through reference choices for a single cell.

Does anyone know how I can do that for a *very* large *range* of cells? It'll impact something in the neighborhood of 500+
cells.

Thanks, in advance

Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gord,

You're not alone<bg

--
Regards

Roger Govier

I just knew someone would question "which" posting considering my track
record
lately.

I set myself up for that<g

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:38:22 -0400, Debra Dalgleish

wrote:

"The" posting? <g

PZ wrote:

I know how to use F4 to cycle through reference choices for a
single cell.

Does anyone know how I can do that for a *very* large *range* of
cells? It'll impact something in the neighborhood of 500+
cells.

Thanks, in advance

Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think you meant:

Your not alone.

<gd&r

Roger Govier wrote:

Hi Gord,

You're not alone<bg

--
Regards

Roger Govier

I just knew someone would question "which" posting considering my track
record
lately.

I set myself up for that<g

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:38:22 -0400, Debra Dalgleish

wrote:

"The" posting? <g

PZ wrote:

I know how to use F4 to cycle through reference choices for a
single cell.

Does anyone know how I can do that for a *very* large *range* of
cells? It'll impact something in the neighborhood of 500+
cells.

Thanks, in advance

Phil

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes Dave, but on this side of the "pond", in English, you're is a
shortened form of "you are"
Your - the possessive form of you - belongs to you.
<GD&WVVF
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I think you meant:

Your not alone.

<gd&r

Roger Govier wrote:

Hi Gord,

You're not alone<bg

--
Regards

Roger Govier

I just knew someone would question "which" posting considering my
track
record
lately.

I set myself up for that<g

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:38:22 -0400, Debra Dalgleish

wrote:

"The" posting? <g

PZ wrote:

I know how to use F4 to cycle through reference choices for a
single cell.

Does anyone know how I can do that for a *very* large *range* of
cells? It'll impact something in the neighborhood of 500+
cells.

Thanks, in advance

Phil

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Deb

Your<g quite right<g
It went flying over my head - put it down to :-
a) very late (early) over here
b) too many beers at the pub before coming back to the computer
c) stupidity!!!

No prizes for the correct answer ( yes we use a "z" as well<g)

Dave,
Apologies, what else can I say?
The beer's on me?
Collect any time, at the Black Bear, Bettws Newydd<bg

--
Regards

Roger Govier

Roger Govier wrote:
Yes Dave, but on this side of the "pond", in English, you're is a
shortened form of "you are"
Your - the possessive form of you - belongs to you.
<GD&WVVF

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It was a (failed) attempt at humor. I thought correcting, er, changing your
response so that it was incorrect would be funny. But sometimes my humor
doesn't translate into English very well.

Sorry for jumpling in! (Just to get Gord going!)

Roger Govier wrote:

Yes Dave, but on this side of the "pond", in English, you're is a
shortened form of "you are"
Your - the possessive form of you - belongs to you.
<GD&WVVF
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I think you meant:

Your not alone.

<gd&r

Roger Govier wrote:

Hi Gord,

You're not alone<bg

--
Regards

Roger Govier

I just knew someone would question "which" posting considering my
track
record
lately.

I set myself up for that<g

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:38:22 -0400, Debra Dalgleish

wrote:

"The" posting? <g

PZ wrote:

I know how to use F4 to cycle through reference choices for a
single cell.

Does anyone know how I can do that for a *very* large *range* of
cells? It'll impact something in the neighborhood of 500+
cells.

Thanks, in advance

Phil

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No probs Dave.
My fault entirely, nothing wrong with your humo(u)r<g
Luckily Debra was wide enough awake to spot my jaded state..
I do enjoy a good laugh and joke adn when tpying, my speeeling often
leeves a lot to be desried.

--

Roger Govier wrote:

Yes Dave, but on this side of the "pond", in English, you're is a
shortened form of "you are"
Your - the possessive form of you - belongs to you.
<GD&WVVF
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I think you meant:

Your not alone.

<gd&r

Roger Govier wrote:

Hi Gord,

You're not alone<bg

--
Regards

Roger Govier

I just knew someone would question "which" posting considering my
track
record
lately.

I set myself up for that<g

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:38:22 -0400, Debra Dalgleish

wrote:

"The" posting? <g

PZ wrote:

I know how to use F4 to cycle through reference choices for a
single cell.

Does anyone know how I can do that for a *very* large *range*
of
cells? It'll impact something in the neighborhood of 500+
cells.

Thanks, in advance

Phil

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I knew that would come back to haunt me.

Roger Govier wrote:

Yes Dave, but on this side of the "pond", in English, you're is a
shortened form of "you are"
Your - the possessive form of you - belongs to you.
<GD&WVVF
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I think you meant:

Your not alone.

<gd&r

Roger Govier wrote:

Hi Gord,

You're not alone<bg

--
Regards

Roger Govier

I just knew someone would question "which" posting considering my
track
record
lately.

I set myself up for that<g

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:38:22 -0400, Debra Dalgleish

wrote:

"The" posting? <g

PZ wrote:

I know how to use F4 to cycle through reference choices for a
single cell.

Does anyone know how I can do that for a *very* large *range* of
cells? It'll impact something in the neighborhood of 500+
cells.

Thanks, in advance

Phil

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure if you saw a "thank you" post to one of your and DaveF's (IIRC)
suggestions.

It was something like: Thank you Dave and God for the help....

I thought it may have been a typo, but maybe not...Have you accepted more
responsibility lately??????

Roger Govier wrote:

Yes Dave, but on this side of the "pond", in English, you're is a
shortened form of "you are"
Your - the possessive form of you - belongs to you.
<GD&WVVF
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I think you meant:

Your not alone.

<gd&r

Roger Govier wrote:

Hi Gord,

You're not alone<bg

--
Regards

Roger Govier

I just knew someone would question "which" posting considering my
track
record
lately.

I set myself up for that<g

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:38:22 -0400, Debra Dalgleish

wrote:

"The" posting? <g

PZ wrote:

I know how to use F4 to cycle through reference choices for a
single cell.

Does anyone know how I can do that for a *very* large *range* of
cells? It'll impact something in the neighborhood of 500+
cells.

Thanks, in advance

Phil

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I did see it and it was "Dave and Gods"

I assumed it was directed at DaveF and all the other regulars who use
spellchecker.

Roger Govier wrote:

Yes Dave, but on this side of the "pond", in English, you're is a
shortened form of "you are"
Your - the possessive form of you - belongs to you.
<GD&WVVF
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I think you meant:

Your not alone.

<gd&r

Roger Govier wrote:

Hi Gord,

You're not alone<bg

--
Regards

Roger Govier

I just knew someone would question "which" posting considering my
track
record
lately.

I set myself up for that<g

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:38:22 -0400, Debra Dalgleish

wrote:

"The" posting? <g