Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel hyperlink loses its path on save (2)

On Jun 15, 9:06*pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
I would have guessed that the C: would work better. *It's worked for quite a few
other people.

But I really like the =hyperlink() worksheet function. *That never fails <vbg.

George R. wrote:

In properties, I changed it to point to the subfolder on the network server
where the hyperlinked document is located (not C, which is my local hard
drive as this didn't work). *So far this seems to work. *I apreciate this
suggestion as well as thehyperlinkformula approach as well!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

A few people have said that this has stopped a similar problem from occurring.
Maybe it'll help you--but you'll have to test it to make sure.

In xl2003 menus:
File|Properties|Summary Tab|HyperlinkBase
change it to C:\
(something that's always available)

In xl2007:
Click on the Office button
Choose Prepare, then properties.
Then use the arrow on the Document Properties dropdown
Choose Advanced Properties
And then change thehyperlinkbase on the Summary tab.

I like to use the =hyperlink() worksheet function. *It has never failed me this
way:

=hyperlink("file:////yourpathtothe/something.xxx","Click me")

George R. wrote:

I have aHyperlinkin my worksheet that points to a document on our network
server, but when I save thisfileand email it to the group thehyperlink
changes to point to my hard drive where the document is not located..

Tools - Options - General - Web Options - Files - Uncheck update links
on save doesn't work. * Also, I erased thefiledefault location as this was
pointing to my hard drive; this seemed to work for awhile but not any more.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Hi
I have had similar problems with hyperlinks across a LAN. It looks
like the =hyperlink() function will sort it out but I can't seem to
get the syntax with in the brackets right. Any advice?
Cheers
Davva