Jens Eichelbaum

Default Histrogramms: Calculating average and standard deviation

Hello group,

from an external tool I get as output a histogram with my measurment
values and their occurences (number of samples) during the whole
measurement.

I am now interested in the average and std. deviation of the
measurement values.

Do you know a function?

Thanks and best regards,
Jens
Jason Morin

Have a look in the Excel Help menu under "Statistical
Functions".

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

from an external tool I get as output a histogram with

my measurment
values and their occurences (number of samples) during

the whole
measurement.

I am now interested in the average and std. deviation of

the
measurement values.

Do you know a function?

Thanks and best regards,
Jens
.

Jerry W. Lewis

For Average use
=SUMPRODUCT(values,occurences)/SUM(occurrences)
For standard deviation use
=SQRT(SUMPRODUCT((values-average)^2,occurrences)/(SUM(occurrences)-1))

Jerry