dacill37

Default I can't see tools on the menu bar - how can I restore?

I can only see file, insert, format, and window on my menu bar. How can I
restore?

Thanks!
Rowan

Right Click the Menu Bar. Choose Customize. On ToolBars tab select the
WorkSheet Menu Bar and then click on Reset.

Regards
Rowan

"dacill37" wrote:

I can only see file, insert, format, and window on my menu bar. How can I
restore?

Thanks!

David McRitchie

Reset of menus will lose any customizations, if any, that you may
have done. A much safer solution would be to just restore the Tools
Menu.

Especially since you do not have the Tools menu, you can use
the shortcut to get to customize. Right click on the menu bar or
tools bar and choose *customize* then ...

Choose the Commands (tab) , next to the bottom on the left size
is the "Builtin Menus", then on the right grab "Tools" and drag
it to the Tool bars after "File" and "Edit".

More information about Toolbars in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/toolbars.htm

If you had not exited Excel, you can restore your toolbars
see Emergency on the page above. If you had a backup of your
..xlb file you could restore that while Excel is down.
---
HTH,

"dacill37" wrote:

I can only see file, insert, format, and window on my menu bar. How can I
restore?

Thanks!

AlfD

Hi!

Are you running a spreadsheet provided by someone else? Is it new to
you? Does your menubar show OK with other workbooks?

I ask these things because one option could be that the menu has been
deliberately altered (e.g. to limit your capability to do certain
things to it..)

Alf