Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table exclude negative values from sum

Using Excel 2007:
I am using a pivot table to sum staff by department. Some departments have
positions shown as a negative (indicates they belong to a different
department/budget). When I include the FTE column in my pivot table to
summarize staffing by department, it adds the negatives making the total
incorrect.
How can I get the table to sum only if values are greater than zero?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could add an extra field into your source data flagging negative values.
Assuming your FTE's are in colmun B you could use a formula like =B20 to
return simple true false flags...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson