Julie P.

Default Trouble copying and pasting a formula

This happens every time and really is annoying:

1) I try to copy a formula to another cell or to a Microsoft Word doc.

2) I go to the cell, and then highlight the formula in the data entry bar on
the top of the spreadsheet.

3) I then right-click to copy it.

4) I then click the Excel cell where I want to paste it.

5) This is when all hell breaks lose. The cell that I click in becomes part
of the current formula in the cell that I am copying from!! And there is no
way to stop it! Clicking more cells just makes this worse! I end up losing
my entire formula when I click "enter" to get out!!

This drives me crazy! Normally to get out of a cell, all I have to do is
click another cell.

How do I get out if this when it happens, and what is the proper way to copy
a formula?

Thanks so much!

Max

3) I then right-click to copy it.

After the above step, press Esc key (to exit edit mode)
before you proceed ..
--
Rgds
Max
"Julie P." wrote in message
[...]

Julie P.

"CLR" wrote in message
Highlight Right-click Copy Enter Right-click new location Paste

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Chcuk and Max: thanks so much to both of you!

Julie

Max

"Julie P." wrote
Chuck and Max: thanks so much to both of you!

You're welcome !
Thanks for the feedback ..
--
Rgds