Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why is range outlined in blue?

Hi,

I'm apologising at the start of this post 'cos it is so non specific :-)

A colleague has a spreadsheet with a range of cells outlined in blue (15+
rows x 1 col). we've checked out borders and also whether it's the range
highlighted as part of an advanced filter, but neither of these.

It is a case of blind leading the blind in our office so any help would be
appreciated!

Any suggestions?
--
Smudge
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Why is range outlined in blue?

Steps to remove blue outline in Excel:
  1. Click on any other cell in the worksheet to deselect the range.
  2. Alternatively, press the "Esc" key on the keyboard to cancel any active selection.
  3. If the blue outline persists, select the range and go to the "Home" tab in the Excel ribbon.
  4. Click on "Conditional Formatting" and select "Clear Rules" to remove any formatting rules that may be causing the blue outline.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Joel,

I don't think it's tracked changes but hard to tell :-) My colleague managed
to get rid of the blue line but doesn't know how. she deleted the column but
also made other changes so doesn't know what did it. so annoying when you
don't get to the bottom of things.

I tried out track changes on another spreadsheet and it didn't look anything
like the blue outline - individual cells were outlined in track changes but
our strange outline was just the outside of the rows and columns

Thank you anyway

Cheers

--
Smudge

"Smudge" wrote:

Hi,

I'm apologising at the start of this post 'cos it is so non specific :-)

A colleague has a spreadsheet with a range of cells outlined in blue (15+
rows x 1 col). we've checked out borders and also whether it's the range
highlighted as part of an advanced filter, but neither of these.

It is a case of blind leading the blind in our office so any help would be
appreciated!

Any suggestions?
--
Smudge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If using 2003 Excel you have the DataList function.

Select a range and DataCreate List.

It will be outlined by a blue line.

To get rid of a list right-click anywhere in the list and ListConvert to Range.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP