souris

Default pivot table multi line chart

Thanks for responding.
Can you please give me a sample program?
I believe that I missing something here.
I can not make it work.
Thanks again,

Inung Huang

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
1. Don't post attachments. Nobody's going to open an unknown attachment
from an unknown poster, it may keep potential responders away, and you
described the problem well enough with the typed message.

2. I made a simple pivot table:

week data1 data2 data3
1 9 9 9
2 8 12 11
3 10 9 8
4 10 12 11

I turned it into a pivot chart, which by default was a stacked column
chart. Without selecting a single series, I went to Chart Type on the
Chart menu, and selected a line chart as my new chart type, and all three
series became line chart series. If you select just a series, changing the
chart type will affect just the selected series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

souris wrote:

Hi All,

I have a table like following:

Date Data1 Data2 Data3 Total WeekNum
10/20 2 3 4 9 45
10/19 2 5 4 11 45
10/10 1 3 7 11 43
10/08 1 2 3 6 43

I use above table to have a pivot table and line chart to see the trend.

It seems that the pivot table only can have one line chart.
I have difficulty to see Data1, Data2, and Data3 on the line chart.

Here is my example.
I wanted to have chart at sheet 2 using sheet pivot table.
Any information is appreciated.

Jon Peltier

Your pivot table looks like this (view it with the Courier font):

WEEKNUM Data Total
41 Sum of TOTAL 7
Sum of FACTOR3 2
Sum of FACTOR2 2
Sum of FACTOR1 3
43 Sum of TOTAL 21
Sum of FACTOR3 10
Sum of FACTOR2 4
Sum of FACTOR1 7
44 Sum of TOTAL 16
Sum of FACTOR3 7
Sum of FACTOR2 6
Sum of FACTOR1 3
Total Sum of TOTAL 44
Total Sum of FACTOR3 19
Total Sum of FACTOR2 12
Total Sum of FACTOR1 13

WEEKNUM and Data are actually buttons that you can click on or drag around. Click on
the Data button, drag it onto the cell that says Total, and drop it. Your table now
looks like this:

Data
WEEKNUM Sum of TOTAL Sum of FACTOR3 Sum of FACTOR2 Sum of FACTOR1
41 7 2 2 3
43 21 10 4 7
44 16 7 6 3
Grand Total 44 19 12 13