Default Vlookup info being used without vlookup table attached?

Hi there,

I've createed a vlookup table in workbook1 that links with
workbook2 which utilizes the vlookup table in workbook1.

However if I email workbook2 to someone without workbook1
why is it that when this person types in the information
required by the vlookup table that the information thats
in workbook1 appears in workbook2? When they open
workbook2 they are told that not all links can be updated
(because workbook1 is missing) I don't understand! And is
there anyway that I can prevent this?

Thanks so much for your help and I hope this makes sense!

charlie

table dow Excel Worksheet Functions 0 January 11th 05 06:17 PM
Ref Transfering Info from a table Colin McLure Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 December 22nd 04 12:09 AM
How do I use Range Names listed in a VLookup table in a formula? Essbasedvlpr32 Excel Worksheet Functions 3 December 15th 04 11:11 PM
combining 3 columns of same info for a pivot table Julie Excel Worksheet Functions 0 December 15th 04 04:12 PM
vlookup function in excel referencing an access table AJN Excel Worksheet Functions 1 November 7th 04 08:09 PM