Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jake

Default How do I keep excel from changing minute and second times into AM.

I am having a problem with Excel
I put times in as minutes and seconds, and attempt to use the format cell
command and have tried every option under time and custom.
The program keeps reading 20:02 (20 minutes and two seconds) as 10:02 PM,
how can I keep this from happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Enter 0:20:02

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Jake" wrote in message
I am having a problem with Excel
I put times in as minutes and seconds, and attempt to use the format cell
command and have tried every option under time and custom.
The program keeps reading 20:02 (20 minutes and two seconds) as 10:02 PM,
how can I keep this from happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jake

Default How do I keep excel from changing minute and second times into

Thanks, but the problem is this still reads as a time
when i enter values greater than 24 for the first number, it converts it
into military time, and for values less, when i divide by 2 it gives me
incorrect answers because it is still reading it as a time

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Enter 0:20:02

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Jake" wrote in message
I am having a problem with Excel
I put times in as minutes and seconds, and attempt to use the format cell
command and have tried every option under time and custom.
The program keeps reading 20:02 (20 minutes and two seconds) as 10:02 PM,
how can I keep this from happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

FormatCellsNumber tab, Custom. In the Type box, enter [h]:mm:ss

What are incorrect answers? what's your formula? your input values? your
results?
What's wrong with "reading it as time"? It is time, isn't it? Am I missing
something?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Jake" wrote in message
Thanks, but the problem is this still reads as a time
when i enter values greater than 24 for the first number, it converts it
into military time, and for values less, when i divide by 2 it gives me
incorrect answers because it is still reading it as a time

"Niek Otten" wrote:

Enter 0:20:02

--
Kind regards,