Jon

Default Title in dropdown menu to stay

I know how to make a drop down through validation. I need to know how to make
a single cell be able to have a dropdown list while still leaving the title
there. The drop down lists will be at the top of columns of info. I already
have a macro that will sort the info, now Ijust need a drop down list that
will leave the title of column but be able to choose from information within
that column.
Carole O

Jon -

Go to View, Toolbars and select the Forms toolbar. This has a Combo Box.
Position your cursor where you want the data to be selected, and draw the box
(click and drag). A box with one arrow will appear. In another part of the
spreadsheet (away from the main part of the form) enter in the data table. Go
back to the Combo Box cell, right click and select Format Control, click on
the Input Range red X and highlight the table and click OK. This will enable
the selection. I don't think Excel can handle two items of data in one cell
- so you should consider placing the Combo Box directly below the title. Or
- put the title as the first line of the Combo Box source. That way, the box
will have the title, then the user can change it to their selection.

Hope this helps,

Carole O
"Jon" wrote:

I know how to make a drop down through validation. I need to know how to make
a single cell be able to have a dropdown list while still leaving the title
there. The drop down lists will be at the top of columns of info. I already
have a macro that will sort the info, now Ijust need a drop down list that
will leave the title of column but be able to choose from information within
that column.

Debra Dalgleish

You can use an AutoFilter (DataFilterAutoFilter). There are
instructions in Excel's Help files, and he

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List