Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Warren Smith

Default how to count the number of decimal places in a cell?

The worksheet I am doing needs to look at cell values, and in another return
the number of decimal places used in the cell.

for example
if A1 contained a number of 34.45,
I want B1 to tell me 2.
I need to know this because I want to enter the data in a table against
another set of figures which will have 1 more decimal place than the first
set,
and I can't set the decimal places up before because I don't know how many
there will be.

Thanks in advance for any help
Warren