karen

Default can we make a column width different sizes on the same page?

How can we make the width of a column different in the top half of the
worksheet from the same column in the bottom of the same worksheet? We tried
splitting the page, but that didn't work. Is it possible to have the same
column different widths?
Roger Govier

Hi Karen

The answer is no. Column widths are constant down the whole length of the
column.

You can format two cells straddling the top of two columns as
FormatCellsFormatMerge and they will have the appearance of being a
single cell equal to the width of the pair of cells below,
But beware, merged cells can cause all sorts of hassle in other ways and are
to be avoided if possible.

Regards

Roger Govier

karen wrote:
How can we make the width of a column different in the top half of the
worksheet from the same column in the bottom of the same worksheet? We tried
splitting the page, but that didn't work. Is it possible to have the same
column different widths?

JE McGimpsey

Column width is a property of entire columns, not cells/partial columns,
so you can't have different widths. You *can* merge cells with the next
column to make them wider, but that tends to lead to difficulties in
formatting, sorting, etc.