lionmark

Default How do I stop today() from updating date on saved spreadsheets?

I have a template that automatically populates the date field with the
current date when opened, using today(). Users then Save As to have an
archive copy of their spreadsheet. However, when they go back to access
their saved sheet, the date changes from the created date to the current
date. How do I stop this in Excel?

I know that Word lets you do this by changing the code from {DATE} to
{CREATEDATE}, but I can't find a similar setting in Excel.

Please help and thank you!
Jason Morin

You can only do this through VBA. Try:

Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1"). _
Value = Format(Now, "mm/dd/yy")
End Sub

---
Press ALT+F11, click on the module called "This Workbook",
and insert the code. Press ALT+Q and save the workbook.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

.