Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What is purpose of + sign in formula "=+Q290*10"

If I didn't have the + sign in the formula, wouldn't I get the same result?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes the plus sign is not required... It was probably entered that was as a
matter of convenience. Instead of typing the equal sign they just typed the
plus. XL inserted the equal sign on it's own.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

If I didn't have the + sign in the formula, wouldn't I get the same result?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's a "throwback" to Lotus 123 or sometimes used as a shortcut on the
numeric keypad. Ignore or delete.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Sasser" wrote in message
If I didn't have the + sign in the formula, wouldn't I get the same
result?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes.
The + is usually a relic of someone who previously used Lotus spreadsheets,
which used + where Excel uses =.
--
David Biddulph