zubee

Default Formula Question?

Hello All,

I am cuurently using this expression to count "Job" in an array.
=COUNTIF(Database!K4:K15000,"Job")
What I am looking for is a way to find this in a string of possible answers
This answer may have "Job" ,but not the first in a line of possible answer ex:
"Gui Job Run Exp" / "Run Exp Gui Job"/ etc...
I've tried using "*" to find any "Job" in the array, but I thnk that the
formula is looking at the first part of the answer only. Is there any other
way of doing this without typing every possbile comb with "Job" in front?
ex: "Job Gui Run Exp", "Job Run Exp Gui", "Job Gui Run Exp"
note: input is from check box with 9 selections
--
Cheers
Domenic

Try...

=COUNTIF(Database!K4:K15000,"*Job*")

or

=COUNTIF(Database!K4:K15000,"*"&A1&"*")

....where A1 contains your criterion, such as 'Job'.

Hope this helps!