Football

Default How do I restore my menu and tool bars in Excell?

The top line menu bars and the tool bars have disappeared from the program.
I do not want to remove and reinstall as I will lose valuble info. How do I
restore these tool bars?
Nick Hodge

Can you right click on any menu bar space?
If so then select Customize and either select the standard, formatting and
worksheet menubars

If you can't, insert the CD and when it has got past it's first few screens
select repair installation. re-installing in any case will do nothing to
your files. They will all still be there after any repair/re-installation.

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Football" wrote in message
The top line menu bars and the tool bars have disappeared from the
program.
I do not want to remove and reinstall as I will lose valuble info. How do
restore these tool bars?

bigwheel

Have you clicked "Full Screen" by accident. If so, there will be a floating
menu somewhere to allow you to go back to normal view.

"Football" wrote:

The top line menu bars and the tool bars have disappeared from the program.
I do not want to remove and reinstall as I will lose valuble info. How do I
restore these tool bars?

Ron de Bruin

Hi Football

Try to rename your .xlb file

maybe you have a corrupt or bloated xlb file
*normal* size is < 30 kb.
The .xlb file has all Toolbar customization in it.

Close Excel
Do a search for .xlb in windows
Rename the file you find (mine is named Excel10.xlb in 2002)
Start Excel

Deleting the file or renaming will do no harm on your system
Excel will create a new one for you.
(You lost your customization remember that)

If you make your own toolbars or add buttons to the others
This file is important (backup it so you can restore it)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl