Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Art Art is offline

Default Change Style Dropdown

I've just begun using Excel 2007. I've not been having fun. Hopefully
someone can help me with this.

In Excel 2003 I had a style dropdown in which I put only the styles I
wanted. Now, in Excel 2007 I seem to have a style dropdown that has what
"it" wants in there. Maybe there's another dropdown that I haven't yet
discovered.

I would like to remove the things that I don't want, and put in what I do
want. I'm having trouble with one particular instance. I'd like my default
scientific format to have 4 decimal places. I created a scientific format
with 4 places. If I highlight a cell and click Scientific in the pallete, it
works. If I use the dropdown, I get the 2 decimal place default.

Apparently I now had 2 scientific formats. I deleted mine, and thought that
I could modify theirs. I could not figure out how.

I'd really appreciate some advice on this.

Thanks