Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AZ AZ is offline

Default Sorting Datain a Shared Workbook

I have an odd problem. I have a spreadsheet with 40 rows of data with columns
from A to V. I then have two blank columns and then in columns Y to AB I have
data down to row 6 (summary cells).

Whenever I try to sort the data in columns A to V, the sort function
automatically adjusts the sort range so that the ENTIRE columns in the
worksheet are sorted, including those in columns Y to AB.

This only happens when I use the file as a shared. When I have exclusive
access the sort works fine???

Any suggestions??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Most people who have tried shared workbooks eventually give up in
frustration due to limitations and unexpected behavior.

You could probably unshare the workbook, do your stuff, then share it again.
Or you could keep the workbook unshared and train the users to keep the file
open for only a couple minutes at a time.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______