Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Deleted gridlines.

I accidently deleted a section of gridlines in Excel 2007. How do I make
them reappear? Selecting the section and activating View Gridlines doesn't
work.
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Deleted gridlines.

No worries, bringing back the gridlines in Excel 2007 is a quick and easy fix. Here are the steps to follow:
  1. Select the entire worksheet by clicking on the box at the intersection of the row and column headers (top left corner of the worksheet).
  2. Right-click on any of the selected cells and choose "Format Cells" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Format Cells" dialog box, click on the "Border" tab.
  4. Under the "Presets" section, select the first option which is "None".
  5. Click on the "Outline" button under the "Style" section.
  6. Click on the "OK" button to apply the changes.

This should bring back the gridlines to your entire worksheet. If you only want to bring back the gridlines to a specific section, select that section first before following the above steps.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Were they gridlines or actual cell borders? I'm betting borders. Try this:

Select all of the cells without borders and then on the Home tab, click the
down-arrow in the box just to the right of the B I U (bold italic underline)
icons, there is an option in that group for "All Borders". Click it and see
if things improve for you.

"RobIDP" wrote:

I accidently deleted a section of gridlines in Excel 2007. How do I make
them reappear? Selecting the section and activating View Gridlines doesn't
work.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

They were actually gridlines. "All Borders" didn't work; however, I was able
to create borders through the "More Borders" option. Still wanting to know
how to reestblish those gridlines.

"RobIDP" wrote:

I accidently deleted a section of gridlines in Excel 2007. How do I make
them reappear? Selecting the section and activating View Gridlines doesn't
work.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You most likely formatted those cells to a color of "white" which makes the
grislines disappear.

Format to Automatic or No color.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"RobIDP" wrote:

I accidently deleted a section of gridlines in Excel 2007. How do I make
them reappear? Selecting the section and activating View Gridlines doesn't
work.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the feedback.

Common occurence.

User changes fill color to something other than No Color then wants them back to
default.

Default "looks" like white so user picks that.

Gord