Barry Hull

Default Can Excel automatically print only certain worksheets in a workboo

I would like to set up a workbook so that when I click print, Excel
automatically prints only certain worrksheets that I have chosen, rather than
printing every worksheet. I am familiar with setting the print area, but
can't seem to stop Excel from printing every worksheet.

Regards,
Barry Hull
Gord Dibben

Barry

Have you tried using CTRL + Click to select just the sheets you want to print.

Try it and then go to Print Preview and see what will print.

The print what default should be "activesheet(s)"

I think you will get what you want.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:21:03 -0800, "Barry Hull" <Barry
wrote:

I would like to set up a workbook so that when I click print, Excel
automatically prints only certain worrksheets that I have chosen, rather than
printing every worksheet. I am familiar with setting the print area, but
can't seem to stop Excel from printing every worksheet.

Regards,
Barry Hull

Barry Hull

Don,
Specifically I have a short tire quote program written in the first sheet,
and the third sheet is the one I want to print. I would like it to be very
simple so that my employees simply add cost information in the first sheet,
then click the print icon and the third sheet prints automatically, without
the first sheet printing. The ctrl key worked, but still the first sheet
printed. Thanks for the reply.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

To do this manually try holding the ctrl key clicking on just the sheet
tabs you wantprint. when finishedclick any sheet tab

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Barry Hull" <Barry
wrote in message
I would like to set up a workbook so that when I click print, Excel
automatically prints only certain worrksheets that I have chosen, rather

than
printing every worksheet. I am familiar with setting the print area, but
can't seem to stop Excel from printing every worksheet.

Regards,
Barry Hull

Gord Dibben

Barry

Macro to place on a big fat button that says "PRINT NOW"

Sub Macro1()
Sheets("Sheet3").Select
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
End Sub

Copy/paste this code to a general module in the workbook then on sheet1 create
a button from the Forms Toolbar.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP