Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to repair an excel file

I use excel 2003 and cannot open an important file. Get a message tht the
file cannot be read. Then I get a message tht the file was so damaged that
repairs were not possible. Is there a way for a novice to recover this file?
--
me
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may get it open with the free program OpenOffice which reportedly does
wondrous things with corrupt Excel files.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

Or just open your backup copy of the file..............you do have a backup of
an "important" file, right?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP