Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to determine the frequency of a list of numbers?

There is a list of numbers as shown below

Date [Column A], occurrence [Column B]
14-Jun, 2
14-Jun, 2
17-Jun, 1
15-Jun, 3
23-Jun, 2
16-Jun, 2
26-Jun, 2
17-Jun, 2
05-Jul, 1
19-Jun, 2

I would like to sort the list in ascending order and determine the total
occurrences for each date. As shown below

14-Jun, 4
15-Jun, 3
16-Jun, 2
17-Jun, 3
19-Jun, 2
23-Jun, 2
26-Jun, 2
05-Jul, 1

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it?
Thank in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Step 1 would be to create a list of the unique dates, which you can do with
Data, Filter, Advanced Filter. Step 2 would be to use the SUMIF worksheet
function to get the total for each unique date. Step 3 would be to sort
descending on the SUMIF results.

--
Jim
"Eric" wrote in message
| There is a list of numbers as shown below
|
| Date [Column A], occurrence [Column B]
| 14-Jun, 2
| 14-Jun, 2
| 17-Jun, 1
| 15-Jun, 3
| 23-Jun, 2
| 16-Jun, 2
| 26-Jun, 2
| 17-Jun, 2
| 05-Jul, 1
| 19-Jun, 2
|
| I would like to sort the list in ascending order and determine the total
| occurrences for each date. As shown below
|
| 14-Jun, 4
| 15-Jun, 3
| 16-Jun, 2
| 17-Jun, 3
| 19-Jun, 2
| 23-Jun, 2
| 26-Jun, 2
| 05-Jul, 1
|
| Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it?
| Thank in advance for any suggestions
| Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your suggestions
I don't want to use Data, Filter, Advanced Filter, do you have another
approach to create a list of the unique dates?
Thank you for any suggestions
Eric

"Eric" wrote in message
| There is a list of numbers as shown below
|
| Date [Column A], occurrence [Column B]
| 14-Jun, 2
| 14-Jun, 2
| 17-Jun, 1
| 15-Jun, 3
| 23-Jun, 2
| 16-Jun, 2
| 26-Jun, 2
| 17-Jun, 2
| 05-Jul, 1
| 19-Jun, 2
|
| I would like to sort the list in ascending order and determine the total
| occurrences for each date. As shown below
|
| 14-Jun, 4
| 15-Jun, 3
| 16-Jun, 2
| 17-Jun, 3
| 19-Jun, 2
| 23-Jun, 2
| 26-Jun, 2
| 05-Jul, 1
|
| Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it?
| Thank in advance for any suggestions
| Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another way...
Select a cell outside the table then DataConsolidate with options
Reference: A:B and labels in left column. Format first col as dates.