Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Drag formula - ignore blank cells

Dragging Formula

Can I drag a formula down and have it ignore any blank cells.

I have a sheet (2000+ rows) which are subtotal by name and then total
for costs.

When viewing the sub-totals I want to add a new formula to the right
then drag this ignoring the blank hidden rows.

Hope this makes sense
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy the formula
Select the range to copy
Press F5
Click SPECIAL
Choose 'Visible cells only' to omit hidden cells
Press CTRL-V
Pl. click ''Yes'' if this was helpful...