Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I change a Name scope from local to Global?

How can I change a Name scope from local to Global?
I designed a worksheet and duplicated it, along with the Names. I have
edited the names but now those are scoped for that worksheet only. Name
Manager does not allow me to change the scope.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Dave, I understand that but I edited the name what I would meant is
that I did change it and would like the option to then change the scope but
Excel does not allow that to be done.

Henry wrote:

How can I change a Name scope from local to Global?
I designed a worksheet and duplicated it, along with the Names. I have
edited the names but now those are scoped for that worksheet only. Name
Manager does not allow me to change the scope.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you write Name Manager, is that the one built into xl2007?

I don't use xl2007 enough to know about it.

But Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name Manager
does have the ability to globalize and localize names.

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

Henry wrote:

How can I change a Name scope from local to Global?
I designed a worksheet and duplicated it, along with the Names. I have
edited the names but now those are scoped for that worksheet only. Name
Manager does not allow me to change the scope.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, it is the one with xl2007.. you would think that MS has the foresight to
take some of the ideas from their developers or buy one that already exists.
But currently 2007 does not give you that functionality. Thanks anyway.

Henry wrote:

How can I change a Name scope from local to Global?
I designed a worksheet and duplicated it, along with the Names. I have
edited the names but now those are scoped for that worksheet only. Name
Manager does not allow me to change the scope.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Named Ranges

I currently have a named range on one worksheet that i can access via just the named range (i.e. range("namedrange")) through one userform but not through another. The second userform required a sheet name before every namedrange reference in my code.

Any thoughts on why one form is behaving differently than the other? Both forms are accessed from the same sheet (albeit different than the location of the namedrange).

thanks,
Jon

Dave Peterson wrote:

Since you can only have one global name with a particular name, you'll have
23-Sep-08

Since you can only have one global name with a particular name, you will have to

Henry wrote:

--

Dave Peterson

On Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:24 PM
Henr wrote:

How can I change a Name scope from local to Global?
How can I change a Name scope from local to Global?
I designed a worksheet and duplicated it, along with the Names. I have
edited the names but now those are scoped for that worksheet only. Name
Manager does not allow me to change the scope.

Henry wrote:

--

Dave Peterson

WPF Report Engine, Part 2
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ne-part-2.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this manually...

Open your workbook and go to any of the sheets that doesn't have that name.
Then use the name dropdown to select that named range.

Notice that you'll go to the range that is a global/workbook level name.

If you go to the sheet that has the local/worksheet level name and do the same
thing, then you'll get the range on the same sheet.

So my general rule is to qualify the named range with the worksheet. An
ambiguity will be lost.

worksheets("Sheet1").range("NamedRange")
or
worksheets("Sheet2").range("NamedRange")

will refer to the range on the respective sheets--no matter what type of name
(global or local) the name actually is.

--