Patricio Boric

Default converting from digital degrees to degrees minutes seconds

I need to convert latitudes and longitudes from digital degrees ( as 23.36
º) to degrees minutes seconds (as 23º 39' 38'')
I found a way to do it for latitudes ( dividing by 24 and choosing hh:mm:ss
format) but doesnt' work for longitudes ( I tried dividing by 48 instead
considering the difference between 90 degres for latitud and 180 degrees for
longitud, but doesn't work, either)

The second problem I have is when I import GPS files with coordinates from
CSV files, I always get digital degrees, yet those files have both options
(digital degrees and degrees minutes seconds)

Niek Otten

Visit

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/latlong.htm

--