Ket

Default Excel 2003 V's Excel 2000?

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet created in Excel 2003 that contains an autofilter
in row 1.
I have protected some of the cells in the worksheet to prevent users
changing any data.
When I email the workbook to a colleague using Excel 2003, the filters
work as they should.
If the workbook is sent to colleagues using Excel 2000, the filters
stop working. It behaves as if the entire row is locked and will not
allow the user to choose any filter. Has anyone seen this before and
can they shed some light on it please?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ket
London
Paul B

Ket, you do not have the option to use auto filter on a protected sheet in
excel 2000, see this for a workaround

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Ket" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a spreadsheet created in Excel 2003 that contains an autofilter
in row 1.
I have protected some of the cells in the worksheet to prevent users
changing any data.
When I email the workbook to a colleague using Excel 2003, the filters
work as they should.
If the workbook is sent to colleagues using Excel 2000, the filters
stop working. It behaves as if the entire row is locked and will not
allow the user to choose any filter. Has anyone seen this before and
can they shed some light on it please?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ket
London