Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CMinard

Default trouble with viewing fill color and font color

Hi,
I am stumped and any help would be appreciated. I am working in Excel 2003
for small business, when I use the fill color option or the font color it
is not showing it on my screen. It does however show it in the print
preview, on another computer when opened, and when it prints. I am finding
it hard though to determine what I have higlighted or changed color to with
out it showing on the screen when I am working with it. Is anyone aware of a
option or other feature that may has turned off the screen color. ( all
other programs are fine)

Thank you for your thoughts and time,
Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

See this:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531

Biff

"CMinard" wrote in message
I am stumped and any help would be appreciated. I am working in Excel
2003
for small business, when I use the fill color option or the font color
it
is not showing it on my screen. It does however show it in the print
preview, on another computer when opened, and when it prints. I am
finding
it hard though to determine what I have higlighted or changed color to
with
out it showing on the screen when I am working with it. Is anyone aware
of a
option or other feature that may has turned off the screen color. ( all
other programs are fine)

Thank you for your thoughts and time,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Well, that's not very helpful, is it?

Ok, the article was about having settings in you operating system that will
cause this.

See if there is a setting for high contrast being enabled..... I use WinXP
and to get to this setting:

StartControl PanelAccessibility OptionsDisplayHigh Contrast

Biff