Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Invalid references in a formulas

How do I find invalid cell references easily. I am getting a message that "A
formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references". I have
many formulas in the worksheet, and I am not sure how to find and correct
these formulas easily.

Thanx
--
jeb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Here are two other general tools for tracking down errors:

1. Press F5, Special, Formulas, and uncheck all but Error - when you click
OK Excel will select all the cells that it considers an error on the current
sheet. Press Tab to move between them.
2. Press Ctrl+F and enter # in the Find what box, then click Find All and
see what the window at the bottom of the dialog box shows you.
3. References in charts can also be invalid, there are tools on the internet
for doing that. You might google "finding errors in Excel"
4. Range names can also contain invalid reference but I don't think you get
that error message, however, you can check those out by choose Insert, Name,
Define and clicking on the first name and reading the Refer to box looking
for an error like #Ref, you can press the down arrow to quickly move through
the list of names.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"PapaBigE" wrote:

How do I find invalid cell references easily. I am getting a message that "A
formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references". I have
many formulas in the worksheet, and I am not sure how to find and correct
these formulas easily.

Thanx
--
jeb

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Shane,

Thank you !! You comments are very helpful. I believe cell references in
my charts are the problem. I will look for a tool as you suggested.

Thanks again.
--
jeb