Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel

Hello,
Does anyone know if you can create a spreadsheet and give it a timeline to
delete itself or maybe after so many uses it can't be used anymore?
Thanks,
Harold
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
what you ask for mounts to a macro virus. such things are frowned on in this
news group. what you ask can be done but it is not generally viewed as a not
good thing. I suggest that you contact a reputable consulting firm for
further processing.

regards
FSt1

"Rockhead_67" wrote:

Hello,
Does anyone know if you can create a spreadsheet and give it a timeline to
delete itself or maybe after so many uses it can't be used anymore?
Thanks,
Harold

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

correction:
what you ask can be done but it is generally viewed as a not
good thing.

sorry.
FSt1

"Rockhead_67" wrote:

Hello,
Does anyone know if you can create a spreadsheet and give it a timeline to
delete itself or maybe after so many uses it can't be used anymore?
Thanks,
Harold

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Does anyone know if you can create a spreadsheet and give it a timeline
delete itself

what you ask for mounts to a macro virus.

I would disagree with the characterization of such code as a 'virus'. It
isn't a virus (it doesn't affect any other workbook that the one containing
the code), and it is perfectly legitimate to delete the file after time
period has passed **provided you have warned the user that this will
happen**. I wouldn't take such an extreme action, but I don't see anything
wrong with it.

I have a method on my time-bomb page that describes how to delete the
workbook containing the code.

www.cpearson.com/Excel/WorkbookTimeBomb.aspx , in the "Time bomb With
Suicide" section.

--