Robboo

Default Why do my text boxes disappear from my chart when I click out?

I have manually added text boxes in the chart to label my data points with
words. When I click out of the chart, some of them appear on the worksheet
behind the chart, and some stay in the chart. I can't figure out why some
are there and some aren't. When I am in the chart, they all appear on the
chart. I am in Microsoft Office 2000 using Excel and Word. Also, when I go
to copy and paste the chart into word, the text doesn't go with it.
Debra Dalgleish

Instead of inserting a text box, select the chart, and start typing.
You'll see the text in the formula bar as you type.
Press the Enter key, and the text will appear in the centre of the chart
Drag the text box to the location you want it, and format the text

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List