Andrew Constantinidis

Default Display cell value on a chart.

I have a spreadsheet that uses several "switches" to include or exclude
certain data or calculations. I want to chart some of the results. I want the
values of the switches to be included in the chart, say within a text box.

Ex: I have a cell that is either "Yes" or "No" to determin whether the
revenue from oil production should be included. I also have a cell that is a
list of possible development scenarios. I want to include the value of this
cell too. I need more than one cell's value to be displayed at a time.

Ideally, it would be something like a text box (that can be placed anywhere)
that displays the value of a worksheet cell. This would allow labeling of the
chart to reduce confusion.
Jon Peltier

Andrew -

Concatenate the desired textbox contents in a single worksheet cell. To make a
textbox that's linked to this cell, select the chart, press the equals key, and
select the cell with the mouse. A little formatting and you're done. The textbox is
dynamically linked to the cell, and updates when the cell changes.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services