Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I search multiple worksheets silmutaneously in Excel?

I am trying to search an Excel document that has multiple worksheets, but
using control F just let's me search the worksheet that is selected. Is there
anyway to search all worksheets in a document simultaneously?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

After CTRL F, click on OPTIONS. Workbook is another choice.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"tsoleau" wrote:

I am trying to search an Excel document that has multiple worksheets, but
using control F just let's me search the worksheet that is selected. Is there
anyway to search all worksheets in a document simultaneously?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here are two ways...

1) Group the sheets before using the Find command. To group sheets, click on
the tab of the first sheet, then click on additional sheet tabs while holding
down the Ctrl key. Or, click on the first sheet tab, then click on the sheet
tab furthest from that sheet while holding down the Shift key.

2) In the Find and replace dialog, click the Options button on the Find tab.
Change the 'Within' box option to Workbook. This way depends on your version
of Excel; it appeared with Excel 2002 (or maybe 2000).

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"tsoleau" wrote:

I am trying to search an Excel document that has multiple worksheets, but
using control F just let's me search the worksheet that is selected. Is there
anyway to search all worksheets in a document simultaneously?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What version of excel are you using?

If the version you have doesn't have that options on the find dialog...

You may want to try Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/

tsoleau wrote:

I am trying to search an Excel document that has multiple worksheets, but
using control F just let's me search the worksheet that is selected. Is there
anyway to search all worksheets in a document simultaneously?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

tsoleau wrote:
I am trying to search an Excel document that has multiple worksheets, but
using control F just let's me search the worksheet that is selected. Is there
anyway to search all worksheets in a document simultaneously?

Thank you Dave
FlexFind will be very useful
--
Martin