Judith C

Default Excel 2003 to 95 File format conversion

I've donated my old computer and software to a non-profit and need to convert
files down from Excel 2003 to Excel 95. My HELP file refers to a "Microsoft
Excel 97-2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook format" but I haven't been able to find it.
Has it been discontinued?
Anne Troy

Hi, Judith. First, I don't recommend saving in multiple formats if they
won't need them because it just makes the file bigger. I have Excel 2003 and
Excel 5.0/95 and the one you mention are both available from the Files of
type dropdown. Perhaps you didn't do a complete installation of
Excel/Office?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Judith C" <Judith wrote in message
I've donated my old computer and software to a non-profit and need to

convert
files down from Excel 2003 to Excel 95. My HELP file refers to a

"Microsoft
Excel 97-2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook format" but I haven't been able to find

it.
Has it been discontinued?

Debra Dalgleish

Instead of using a dual format, you could save the files for Excel 95.

Choose FileSave As
Type a new name for the file, to prevent overwriting the original.
From the 'Save as type' dropdown, choose 'Microsoft Excel 5.0/95 Workbook'
Click Save

--
Debra Dalgleish