Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Custom Views with tables

It seems that Excel doesn't allow for the 'custom view' feature to operate in
a workbook that contains tables. Does anybody know whether this is true and
why?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tevuna,

It seems that Excel doesn't allow for the 'custom view' feature to operate in
a workbook that contains tables. Does anybody know whether this is true and
why?

I've just created a workbook (Excel 2003) with a table (Data, Table) which did
allow me to define a custom view. What exactly is your problem?

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tevuna,

Excel 2007

"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote:

Hi Tevuna,

It seems that Excel doesn't allow for the 'custom view' feature to operate in
a workbook that contains tables. Does anybody know whether this is true and
why?

I've just created a workbook (Excel 2003) with a table (Data, Table) which did
allow me to define a custom view. What exactly is your problem?

Just tried with 2007 and it worked fine for me there too.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jan, thanks for replying.
Tables in Excel 2007 are the equivalents to lists in 2003; custom views seem
to be disabled in 2003 where a list is present on sheet.

"Tevuna" wrote:

Excel 2007

"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote:

Hi Tevuna,

It seems that Excel doesn't allow for the 'custom view' feature to operate in
a workbook that contains tables. Does anybody know whether this is true and
why?

I've just created a workbook (Excel 2003) with a table (Data, Table) which did
allow me to define a custom view. What exactly is your problem?

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tevuna,

Tables in Excel 2007 are the equivalents to lists in 2003; custom views seem
to be disabled in 2003 where a list is present on sheet.

Ah, that explains things. I thought you were referring to the "data, table"
equivalent of Excel 2003.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm having the same problem - any ideas why custom view won't work on a sheet
with tables?

"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote:

Hi Tevuna,

Excel 2007