jmon

Default How to insert a picture in the Footer (not the Header) in Excel 20

First of all, I saw this thread back on 1/9/05 and I am sorry to repeat, but
I am puzzled on how to insert a company logo to the Footer of my excel
spreadsheet using Excel 2000. I have followed this example described in the
KB article below, and it only repeats the picture on all pages in the HEADER
but not the FOOTER.

XL2000: Unable to Insert Image/Picture into Header or Footer
http://support.microsoft.com/default...71&Product=xlw

I know in the newer versions of Office 2003, 2002, and XP you can just click
on the picture icon from View...Header..Footer..Custom Footer.

Is there something I am missing here?

Thanks for any help!

Dave Peterson

Nope.

The feature to add pictures to headers/footers was added in xl2002.

But the ability to use "rows to repeat at top" has been available for a long
time.

But there never was a "rows to repeat at bottom".

One suggestion that you may not like is to print twice. The first time from
(say) MSWord that adds the footer picture/logo.

Then run that paper through the printer one more time to get the real report.

--

Dave Peterson
Gord Dibben

Jmon

Copied from the KB article you read........

" For example, to have the same graphic appear at the top of every page,
follow these steps: "

Note it says "top of every page".

You cannot insert a logo into a Footer in this manner in Excel 2000.

There is no provision for "rows to repeat at bottom".

Perhaps you could place the logo where you want it at page bottom and print
out a few hundred copies then use those for printer feed.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP