supergoat

Default Data Validation - Drop-down list - make arrow visible at all times

I have added a Data Validation List to my excel worksheet.
The arrow icon indicating that the cell contains a drop-down list is only
visible when a user selects the cell. I would like the arrow to be visible at
all times. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Debra Dalgleish

No, only the active cell can display a data validation dropdown arrow.

You could use combo boxes, from the forms toolbar, or the control
toolbox, and their arrows would always be visible.

supergoat wrote:
I have added a Data Validation List to my excel worksheet.
The arrow icon indicating that the cell contains a drop-down list is only
visible when a user selects the cell. I would like the arrow to be visible at
all times. Is this possible?

Thanks.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

supergoat

Thanks for your speedy and helpful responses.