Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculate 60 days from Start Date - including weekends

How could I calculate 30, 60, 90, etc. days from a start date? I want to
include weekends - not the WORKDAY function with only the work week.
THANKS!!
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Calculate 60 days from Start Date - including weekends

To calculate a date that is 60 days from a start date, including weekends, use the following formula:

Formula:
=START_DATE+INT((60+WEEKDAY(START_DATE))/7)*2+IF(WEEKDAY(START_DATE)=7,1,0)+IF(WEEKDAY(START_DATE+60)=7,1,0
Here's how it works:
  1. START_DATE is the date you want to start from.
  2. INT((60+WEEKDAY(START_DATE))/7)*2 calculates the number of weekends (2 days) between the start date and the end date.
  3. IF(WEEKDAY(START_DATE)=7,1,0) adds 1 day if the start date is a Sunday.
  4. IF(WEEKDAY(START_DATE+60)=7,1,0) adds 1 day if the end date is a Sunday.

You can adjust the number 60 in the formula to calculate different numbers of days from the start date.

For example, to calculate 30 days from the start date, you would use:

Formula:
=START_DATE+INT((30+WEEKDAY(START_DATE))/7)*2+IF(WEEKDAY(START_DATE)=7,1,0)+IF(WEEKDAY(START_DATE+30)=7,1,0
To calculate 90 days from the start date, you would use:

Formula:
=START_DATE+INT((90+WEEKDAY(START_DATE))/7)*2+IF(WEEKDAY(START_DATE)=7,1,0)+IF(WEEKDAY(START_DATE+90)=7,1,0
And so on.

__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Missy wrote:
How could I calculate 30, 60, 90, etc. days from a start date? I want to
include weekends - not the WORKDAY function with only the work week.
THANKS!!

Look at "Add dates" in the help file.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To Excel, dates are just numbers (the number of days offset from January 1,
1900), so for what you have asked... just add the number of days you want to
the date you have (this just extends the offset from the date you have by
the number of days you want to add to it). So, if your start date is in A1
and you want to add 30 days to it...

=A1+30

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Missy" wrote in message
How could I calculate 30, 60, 90, etc. days from a start date? I want to
include weekends - not the WORKDAY function with only the work week.
THANKS!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Misy,

Having a data in A1, e.g. 01/01/2009
in A2: = A1+30 = 31/01/2009
in A3: =A1+60 = 02/03/2009
in A4: =A1+90 = 01/04/2009

Note that the calculated days are not fally on the same weekday.

If your intention is to calculate the same date of a month given a startdate
(+ 30 is 1 month, +60 = 2 months, ...)
01/01/2009 = 01/02/2009

=DATE(YEAR(A1);MONTH(A1)+1;DAY(A1))

You probably have to change the ";" into "," to get the function working.

Wkr,

JP