Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Trot

Default Trace Dependents

The trace dependents audit command is not working properly in my file. The
function works sometimes within a worksheet but never works when tracing
calculations between worksheets. My file is 17.4 MB and the word 'Calculate'
is present in the lower gray task bar.

Does anyone know what is causing this and/or how to fix it?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

If you're using Excel 2003 the dependecy line will show a worksheet icon, and
when you double click on the line it will open the goto box with the name of
the worksheet the cell is linked to.

As for the Calc message on the status bar, you recalculation method is set
to manual, and given the size of your file that's understandable. Press F9
to update your formula values, but you might also want to take lunch as well.

To turn manual recalc off, click TOOLS in the menu, select OPTIONS and click
the CALCULATION tab. The first option button on the page will reset it back
to automatic. Keep in mind that everytime you enter a value, all formulas
will recalc.
--
Kevin Backmann