Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
James

Default IF and AVERAGE

Hi,

I have a column of numbers, some of which are zero.

I want to obtain the average of the numbers in the column and exclude the
zeros from the calculation.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JulieD

Hi James

Assuming your range is A1:A50
the formula would be
=AVERAGE(IF(A1:A50<0,A1:A50))
entered using CONTROL & SHIFT & ENTER

Hope this helps

--
Cheers
JulieD

julied_ng at hctsReMoVeThIs dot net dot au

"James" wrote:

Hi,

I have a column of numbers, some of which are zero.

I want to obtain the average of the numbers in the column and exclude the
zeros from the calculation.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 19:14:02 -0800, "James"
wrote:

Hi,

I have a column of numbers, some of which are zero.

I want to obtain the average of the numbers in the column and exclude the
zeros from the calculation.

Thanks!

=SUM(rng)/COUNTIF(rng,"<0")

where rng is your reference to the column of numbers.

--ron