Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why isn't my paste function working properly in Excel?

Somehow I enabled a function that pastes each word of a copied set of words
into a separate cell, rather than grouping them into one. I now must press
F2, to step into the cell prior using ctrl-v to paste. Quite a nuisance
actually, & I can't seem to find a way to disable it in the options, or Excel
help. For example, if cell A1 contains the words: Sales Meeting. When I
copy and paste it into cell B1, the word, "Sales", goes into B1 and the word,
"Meeting", goes into B2.
Any advice?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try doing this in a new workbook:
In A1 type Sales Meeting
Copy this
Move to B1 and Paste
What do you get?

If the phrase gets split across cells something very odd is happening.
I wonder if there is something hidden between the two word in you problem
workbook

Come back and tell us what happens in a new workbook
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"trainer07" wrote in message
Somehow I enabled a function that pastes each word of a copied set of
words
into a separate cell, rather than grouping them into one. I now must
press
F2, to step into the cell prior using ctrl-v to paste. Quite a nuisance
actually, & I can't seem to find a way to disable it in the options, or
Excel
help. For example, if cell A1 contains the words: Sales Meeting. When I
copy and paste it into cell B1, the word, "Sales", goes into B1 and the
word,
"Meeting", goes into B2.
Any advice?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It may have been affected by a "Data/ Text to columns" operation. If a
space has been set as a delimiter, Excel tends to remember this. Try doing
Data/ Text to columns again, removing the tick against space as a delimiter.
Now try your troublesome paste again and see whether it behaves differently.
--
David Biddulph